Pork Stew recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds local pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Adobo all-purpose seasoning or seasoned salt mixture
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- chicken broth or water, as needed
Combine flour, black pepper, and seasoning in a food storage bag. Add pork cubes and shake to thoroughly coat. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven. Add pork and brown, stirring, on all sides. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over pork. Lower heat, cover, and simmer gently for about 1 hour. Add mushrooms and simmer for about 20 minutes longer, adding chicken broth or water if needed.
Serves 4 to 6.